Iguassu Falls & Itaipu Dam Overnight Tour in Brazil
Enjoy a 2-day/1-night combo tour in Iguassu Falls, Brazil.
Nothing in the world of water compares to, or is more impressive than the natural spectacle provided by the stunning group of 275 waterfalls that make up the Iguassu Waterfalls. On this tour, you'll be awed their size, water flow and strong current.
Included are round trip airport transfers in Iguassu Falls and an overnight stay at a 3 star hotel. Also included in the tour price is a visit to Itaipu Dam, where you will have two options to purchase a guided tour on-site.
Per Person National Park admission fees and room taxes must be paid on the day of the tour.
Rates - including tax
Child - Free
(Ages 2 and Under):
Tour / Activity Details
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. Tour price does not include per-person National Park entry fees, guided tours at Itaipu Dam, Room Tax or Eco Tourism Tax if you are being picked up in Puerto Iguazu, Argentina and must cross the border. This tour includes pick up from selected downtown Iguassu Falls, Brazil or selected Puerto Iguazu, Argentina hotels. Rates are per person in US Dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.
There is a $6.95 USD processing fee per order. This is a flat fee regardless of the number of tickets or tours purchased on an order. There is a service charge per ticket. This charge will be reflected on your summary before you checkout. The total shown at checkout includes any fuel surcharges, service charges and tax. There are no additional charges, unless otherwise specified.
Tour / Activity Policies
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds. All sales are final.
Change Fee Policy: If changes are allowed on a tour or activity, a $20.00 per reservation change fee will be applied for any change to a reservation. Please note that some tours and activities do not allow any changes. Date changes can only be made only if we can confirm availability on the new date. While we cannot guarantee any changes can be made, all change requests must be submitted a minimum of 24 hours prior to the tour departure and must be handled on an individual basis through our Reservations Center.
Tour / Activity Description
COVID-19 Protocols Updates
Currently, all travelers arriving in Brazil by air must provide all of the following documentation:
- A negative Covid-19 Antigen test within 24 hours of flight departure OR a negative Covid-19 Laboratory RT-PCR test within 72 hours of flight.
- Proof of vaccination for applicable ages - either printed or electronic - of immunization approved by ANVISA, WHO or health authorities in the country where immunized - whose last dose has occurred at least 14 days before the flight departure. Some exeptions apply for specific circumstances and anyone declared exempt must quarantine for 14 days.
- Must present to airline before boarding printed or electronic proof of filling out the "Travelers Health Declaration" within a maximum of 24 hours before the flight.
Enjoy convenient roundtrip transfers between the International Airport and your hotel. You will be met at Cataratas International Airport and taken directly to your hotel. English-speaking staff holding a sign with your name on it will greet you when you clear the airport luggage area. For your return journey, you will be met at your hotel and taken directly to the airport for your flight home.
Iguassu Waterfalls (Brazilian side)
Located a few kilometers from the union of the Iguassu River with the Paraná River, these waterfalls are truly impressive.
The geologic change that gave birth to the Iguassu Waterfalls took place nearly 150 million years ago and shook the earth crust around the globe. At the Iguassu region, those changes created a gigantic canyon, full of rock steps through which the grand Iguassu flows, producing a huge steam cloud and a deafening sound.
The average flow of the waterfalls is around 1.800 m3 per second, for an average amount of 10 million liters per second. During the rainy season, the stream of the Iguassu River increases and shows an even more beautiful spectacle.
The biggest waterfall is the “Devils Throat,” which is 90 meters high. The volume of water pouring down creates a cloud of drizzling water that can be watched from kilometers away.
During the 1970s and the 1980s, while it was under construction, the Itaipu Hydroelectric Dam was regarded as a pharaonic work, fruit of the megalomaniac commanders ruling Brazil in those years. Today, after three decades, the perspective is quite different.
Responsible for the production of 95% of the electricity consumed in Paraguay, and for 24% of the whole Brazilian consumption, this bi-national enterprise –built by workers, technical operators and engineers from Brazil and Paraguay – proves day after day its magnitude in the national and the international scene.
The first generator unit started to operate in 1984, and since then the power plant has successively broken production and revenue records. Besides the production of energy, Itaipu also stands as a symbol of environmental preservation. The company runs the Biological Haven Bela Vista, continuous reforestation programs and projects that foster fish production as well as wild animal reproduction. There is also an Eco-museum that tells the story of the construction and maintenance of this unrivaled work.
There are two options to purchase guided tours on-site at Itaipu Dam:
- The Panoramic Tour: Watch a documentary film on the power plant. See the dam and spillway from the central observation deck (without entering the facility) - Price (subject to change) is approximately US$15.00 per person
- The Technical Tour: Watch a documentary film on the power plant. See the dam, the spillway from the central observation deck and also visit the facilities of Itaipu Dam - Price (subject to change) is approximately US$30.00 per person and minimum age is 14
- Round trip transportation
- One night hotel accommodations at a 3-star hotel, per person in a standard double room
- Iguassu Waterfalls Tour
- Visit to Itaipu Dam
- Lunch at Porto Das Canoas restaurant
- Iguassu National Park Entrance Fee – approximately US$ 26.00 (subject to change)
- Guided Tour at Itaipu Dam (to be purchased separately on-site)
- Room Tax – approximately US$ 1.00 per day/per person (subject to change)
- Each person must have their passport and you are strongly advised to pay close attention to visa restrictions.
- If you are being picked up in Puerto Iguazu to cross to Brazil, you will need to pay an Eco tourism tax in Puerto Iguazu; please make sure to keep your receipt in order to avoid being charged twice since the border crossing occurs twice.
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. This tour includes pick up from selected downtown Iguassu Falls, Brazil or selected Puerto Iguazu, Argentina hotels. Rates are per person in US Dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.